Sr. Welding Specialist
As Welding Specialist you prepare and implement welding, NDE and heat treatment techniques and procedures in compliance with the contractual requirements of our customers, the relevant design and construction codes (ASME, EN, ISO, etc.), as well adherence to the national and international regulations.
Utilizing knowledge of production specifications, properties and characteristics of metal and metal alloys, conduct research and development investigations to develop and test new fabrications processes and procedures.
Develop and test new or modify current welding methods, techniques and procedures, discover new patterns of welding phenomena, or to correlate and substantiate hypothesis.
You are responsible for the correct implementation and execution of the procedures, the necessary quality control and the customer documentation. You are pro-active and solution-minded to take on challenges regarding welding or quality control issues which can occur during the construction of projects. You are constantly looking for improvement and development of procedures, welding techniques and welding equipment. Therefor you also organize relevant welding training or welding courses. You are authorized to renew welding certificates.
As part of the QA/QC department you indicate actions to, and with your colleagues. You work in close cooperation with departments within our organization (f.e. Production Management, Purchasing and Project Management). You are also the contact for other third parties to conduct laboratory test and maintain the coordination.
You are also responsible for direct liaison with our customer regarding welding matters. You can provide our customer with substantiated advise if necessary.
You report directly to the Technical Director.
- Completed course International Welding Engineer (IWE);
- A minimum of 5 years of international welding experience in the oil and gas and/or offshore industry.
- Due to the international character of our organization, travelling will be necessary (depending on project)
- Knowledge of welding metallurgy, welding processes and welding equipment
- Knowledge of ASME VIII, Div. 1, Div. 2, ISO, EN, etc.
- Knowledge of the international regulation such as pressure equipment Directive 14/68/EU, 06/42, EC, etc.
- Your Dutch and English language skills (speaking and writing) are excellent, as well as your communication skills.
- You are solution-minded and pro-active towards your colleagues, customers, and suppliers.
- You are familiar with Microsoft Office software.
We offer an excellent, competitive compensation for this challenging and versatile position. You’ll be part of a small, enthusastic and informal team in a growing organization. With companies in the USA and Singapore you will be working in a challenging, international environment with many career options.
Please contact Mrs. B. Bedaf for more information T: +31-88-0067422 or via email@example.com.
Are you interested in realizing your ambitions at Verolme® Special Equipment? We invite you to respond to this vacancy by sending your motivation and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.